Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:52 PM

FloridaOccifer is on a distinguished road

FloridaOccifer is on a distinguished road
I just wanted to thank you for such detail on your write up. I ended up ordering a 21.5" / 120W / CREE bar from MicTuning this past week and installed it over the weekend.

I took a different turn on my install and connected the switch trigger into a spare slot (25A) on interior fuse block.

I am awaiting my "stock" look switch but for now I am using an illuminated rocker installed into the lower door side blank.

My mount was created out of 8" zinc plated structure brackets from Ace Hardware (or HomeDepot). They are seriously rugged and I set everything in place with not only loctite but also fender washer and lock washers.

I will add more pictures of the install if anyone is interested and I am sorry for the horrible cell phone pics.

The only part of this I am not happy with is the "trimmed" grill lower. I am a very big attention to detail person and the heated cut was not as clean as I had hoped. I even smoothed things out with a dremel but my lip is still twitching at the lack of OEM appearance.

FloridaOccifer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote