Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 02:20 AM

brantatchison is an unknown quantity at this point

brantatchison is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 4Runner SR5 remote start w/factory remote??

I recently installed a remote start unit for my 2006 4Runner and would like to use the factory remote to control the aftermarket remote start module.

I have been able to set it up to start but once started the factory keyless will not unlock the doors. I understand the factory keyless module is built into the ECM and because it is not a seperate unit it appears this may be an impossible task to trick the factory keyless by simply removing it's ignition source only during remote start so it will unlock.

So when I found this forum I though maybe somebody out there has successfully completed a remote start like this and possible has some suggestions they can send my way?? If anyone has wiring diagrams detailing the factory keyless sytem or the selectable options that can be performed at the dealer I would greatly appreciate it!

Many of today's aftermarket alarms give you the option to control the system by remote (lock/unlock) even when the key is in the on position and if this factory kelyess system has that programable feature then my problem is solved!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!