Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 07:31 PM

slowginjoe is on a distinguished road

slowginjoe is on a distinguished road
Re: Ok...for 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeynavy1
Well, I've read every thread on here, and there seems to be just as many saying that premium is a must, as there are saying it is a waste and not to believe the owner's manual. I currently have a 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V, that I'll be trading in shortly. I'm very interested in a 2006 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD V8. The gas mileage is the only thing holding me up. The actual mileage is one thing, but adding to it that Toyota is recommending premium is another. I've called more than one dealer in my area and have heard both responses:

1) It will run fine on Regular (87) unleaded and will not void warranty.
2) You have to run premium or you'll get knock and ping, damage your motor, and void warranty.

Will the 2006 i-Force V8 (or the 4.0L V6) run fine on regular to save money or is premium a must? The 4Runner says premium but the Tundra says regular. I'm confused. Please help as this sways my decision towards a 4 Runner or a Camry SE V6
I've used regular since day one in my 2003 V8. Never had a problem. I get about 19 mpg average driving conservatively. I tried premium for a couple tanks but didn't see any noticeable improvement in performance(under normal driving conditions. i don't race civics at the stoplights...) or better mileage. You will not void you warranty.

slowginjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote