Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:31 PM

JohnnyxRex is on a distinguished road

JohnnyxRex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gshadow325 View Post
you mention removing seats to clean under them. then you mention seats to remove hog rings and that refers to remove and disassembling the seat cushions.

for me both real easy tasks, for you with no knowledge on either task. it will be much harder.

RULE OF THUMB:

when yopu disconnect anything with a YELLOW harness or connector, that will be associated with the srs system. you can unplug it. DO NOT turn on the vehicle while it is unplugged. You may get a srs warning indicator that might need to be reset.

this rule applies to all cars, makes and model

just pop off the 4 covers for the seat bolts
unplug it all
remove the seat
rinse and repeat for other side.

so here is my link to repair the rocking chair problem we have in the 4 runners. you get the idea how the seat comes out
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/140714-diy-rocking-chair-seat-heated-seat-$0-00-repair-priceless.html
You sir, just made me facepalm.

Ok, I must have misunderstood the service manual I was reading. I was wondering why there were "install" sections and why certain pieces had to be removed just to get it out of the truck. I read the hog rings as necessary to just removing and re-installing the whole seat. (I've never used a service manual before)

Ok so I know what to do now. Unplug batt, wait 90 seconds, pull off the 4 covers, unscrew what is beneath them, unplug wires, and pull the entire thing out. Basically exactly like the other vehicles I've done but unplug the battery.

On a side note, how do I safely remove those covers without breaking them? (The ones covering the bolts) When I search I get how to remove the other plastic, where the seat controls are. Someone at the dealership was wonderful enough to do it improperly while doing the pre-sale cleaning, so one on the passenger side pops off constantly.

And will I affect anything else by unplugging the battery? Anything at all? I know at 40 minutes it should reset the driver settings computer, which I guess I need to do anyway.
JohnnyxRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote