View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:06 AM

sugjavier will become famous soon enough

sugjavier will become famous soon enough
Need new rear springs that work with Bilstein HD's. Stock springs isn't doing it

Hi,

I have a 2001 4Runner Limited and a year ago, I got Bilstein HD's all around and replaced the stock coils/springs with stock. While it did make a difference, I still think the rear is really easy to bounce, like there's no resistance. I apply a little downward pressure in the bumper and it barely resists.

I would like to know my options for the rear springs. I've heard good things about OME 906's but I don't know the exact part number and where to buy. I'm not even sure if those will fit as is when I give them to my mechanic to install. Please let me know, when you suggest something, if there's anything extra to be done.

All I know for sure is that I'm not replacing them with stock springs again. I bought MOOG stock springs a year ago and I don't think it was worth it.

Also I did some measurements from the center of the wheel to the wheel well.
Front: ~20.5-21" Rear: ~20" The rear definitely sits lower :/

I'm ok if the springs will lift the rear up to 2-3 inches max. I'm sure it'll settle down anyways. I don't tow or offroad. But I load a lot of computers in my trunk because I work as an IT field tech.