Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 _SR5 View Post
No vibrations yet... put 250 miles on the new lift so far. As far as what you have said about the adjustment is pretty much exactly what I have read when researched, I was looking for something more specific as to maybe what angle the pinion/driveshaft should really be at... I don't want to start going through u-joints too often and I'm trying to make the suspension dependable for years to come. Thanks for the response.
Why are you wanting to adjust the pinion? If you don't have drive line vibrations I won't touch it. You're going to spend money on something that you claim isn't an issue.

We've got DC joints on the rear shafts. There is no simpler shaft to set-up than these. You can run a straight line from the pinion up the shaft and that is considered a perfect angle. However, I'd allow for around 1-2 degrees of the pinion pointing down to help with the springs settling over time.

As stated before. I won't go messing with it if you don't have issues. So many people try to fix things that need to be fixed.

Last edited by MStudt; 08-21-2014 at 02:23 PM.
MStudt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote