Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 PM

abihu_z is on a distinguished road

abihu_z is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben550 View Post
The SR5 is plenty sufficient for your needs. It is a very nice vehicle. Don't worry about all the added extras. If you feel you need additional performance (which i doubt you will) you can always add it later by modding. The SR5 meets all of your needs and probably most of your wants. I suspect you would be extremely happy with an SR5. I saw one the other day parked along a trailhead in the adirondacks (black SR5) and it looked sweet. It will take you well beyond anywhere you'd want to go.

A Tacoma TRD OR or Sport would work for you too. Its a lot easier loading a kayak or canoe into the bed of a truck than on the roof of an SUV. I had a kayak and a 16ft canoe which i could throw in the bed of the truck and ratchet strap the end to the tail gate latches on the sides of the bed. worked well for me. very easy.

As far as price. the Tacoma trd or the 4runner sr5 are about the same price wise but the tacoma would be a little less...

Test drive both but don't overextend by buying features you'll not need.

All over the world in third world countries you see toyotas roaming the backcountry. They are all pretty much stock but are tackling the toughest terrain and holding up after years of hard abuse. It is incredible what a base toyota 4x4 is capable of handling.
Yeah I'm starting to think that SR5 is for me also. And I've been looking more and more at the 5th gens and I'm not really liking the '14 facelift. So I could probably find a used SR5 which would be even cheaper.
abihu_z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote