Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 12:10 PM

South-O 4RnR is on a distinguished road

South-O 4RnR is on a distinguished road
Baja Designs as Foglight replacement

I rarely use my fogs on the road, and I like the look of a stock-ish truck. I want to replace my fogs with a light that will give me extra coverage while exploring and expedition camping.

I'm not a fan of HID's in the stock housing, and a easy bulb replacement isn't going to cut it either. I've seen a few who installed Rigid duallys in place of the fogs, but I'd like something a little bit better.

Baja Designs puts out some of the best LEDs in the industry. Their squadron XL-R is similar in size and shape to the factory fogs and 4300k lumens each is some serious light. Since these would eventually be complimented by one of their OnX light bars, I'm thinking of going with the 'wide cornering' output pattern.

My question is this; Assuming our fogs only draw 35w, would I need to stick with a product drawing under 35w to allow the use of stock fog wiring? These draw 42w each.

At what point does a replacement fog light become more than a fog? If aimed properly, would these still be considered street legal, or would you put them in the same category as HID in reflector housing (not safe for oncoming traffic)?

Spec sheet- http://http://www.bajadesigns.com/sc...ron-data-sheet

Sold- 2002 Thundercloud Grey, Sport Edition- King Coilover's, Builtright UCA
South-O 4RnR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote