Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 PM

Fourty-four is an unknown quantity at this point

Fourty-four is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark86
I would be a little hesitant about buying a used rental vehicle. First off, these cars are not broken in properly. People really don't care how they treat the car because they feel that it is "a rental." Secondly, people take the cheapest way out when it comes to putting gas in the car. Who knows what they put in the tank? Third, people do not treat rental vehicles the same way they treat their own. The bottom line is that this vehicle is not their own so who cares what happens! In addition, the price does not sound like such a good deal.
You made some really good points. I never even considered that most people put the cheapest gas they can find in a rental car. Jimmy Jays Jip Joint 1/2 gas 1/2 water fueling station... hahaha

And new vehicle break-in should always be done right. A rental driver just wouldn't care about stuff like that. I know that I wouldn't care...

Another big one for me-- Winter driving. I'm easy on the throttle until the vehile reaches full operating temperature. I have a friend who basically floors his vehicle right after he starts it up and puts it in drive. Even in the dead of winter is sub-freezing temps. Imaging how he would treat a rental?

Nope, no rentals for me. Well, at least not to buy. I'd like to rent a Hummer H3 to do some muddin' though....
Fourty-four is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote