Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 03:28 PM

RaginTxn84 is on a distinguished road

RaginTxn84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY2G View Post
Not a huge fan of he cold, but I can deal with it. My concern is (as it is here in Ohio) the salt on the roads. I just do not want to own a rust bucket, its that simple.. lol
Meh - I was in Wheeling last year for that cold snap they had (high 12, low -11??), and then I lived in eastern Idaho for nearly 7 years - so the cold doesn't bother me - it's actually more home to me than the texas heat I grew up in - lol

Talking to the locals up here, everyone has told me that they do not use salt, just gravel - so you shouldn't get the good ol' under rust, but how effective is gravel...??? In Idaho they used lava rock...it kinda helped, but mostly just turned the bottoms of your jeans red.

There's a guy up here in my office that is trying to put together monthly (to start) trailing trips - so if you end up coming up I'll let ya know if I hear anything going on.

'18 SR5 Tundra (X Series) (current) / '14 Taco TRD Sport (traded) / '10 SR5 Prem 4R (traded) / '00 Tundra (AC) (BIL) /
'98 Taco (RC) (wanderin' somewhere)
RaginTxn84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote