Site Navigation

Thread: Wiper Inserts
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 AM

MDTrailrider is on a distinguished road

MDTrailrider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousRNR View Post
i purchased just the blade inserts from ebay. PIAA silicon blades. something special about them. best blades ever.
It's not clear to me that there are PIAA replacement inserts either. If I get them then I'm still right where I am that I have to buy entire blades to replace my inserts. That's like replacing my wheels every time I buy new tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousRNR View Post
in times like those I'm sure the dealer said just buy the whole blade that already have the inserts in them
Absolutely! Both dealerships were sympathetic and the second one did give me a good price on them.

Sooner or later I will need new inserts though and I don't want to start buying entire blades every time. I can't be the only 3rd Gen 4Runner owner who has replacement factory blades can I? I have a lot of faith in Toyota from owning a few vehicles so I prefer to stick with their factory parts that have worked so reliably. I got 17 years and 268,000 miles out of the first set.
MDTrailrider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote