View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:15 PM

chaotichoax is on a distinguished road

chaotichoax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalloni View Post
Hi Guys,
I need your help with this.
I just purchased a 2013 4 runner SR5 4wd for the wife. The car is awesome but I have noticed since Sunday ( the day i drove it off the lot) that every time I hit the gas (moderately) the car starts to shudder ( around 45- 50 mph) is driving me crazy. It does not feel in the actual steering wheel but the truck itself. I thought it was me and then my wife drove it yesterday and without me mentioning anything she told me the truck feels weird when you accelerate to around 40 mph . I have the dealer and let them know about this situation I am taking it this afternoon but I am afraid they are not going to be able to replicate the problem and basically leave me with the same problem with no solution? Have any of you experienced this ? have you fixed it? how?
Please help.
P.S I have an FJ 2007 and never had a problem with it and I am starting to regret this purchase
I have a similar issue with my 2004 v6 4x4 sport model. I had toyota look at it and they told me that one of my wheel bearings showed excessive wear and could produce the necessary harmonics to cause this. I had the bearing replaced and the noise/vibration continues.

Anyone else have any issue like this? I am thinking maybe driveshaft joint related?