Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 02:10 AM

RAD4Runner has a spectacular aura about RAD4Runner has a spectacular aura about

RAD4Runner has a spectacular aura about RAD4Runner has a spectacular aura about
Sound-Deadening / Sound-Proofing Project Part 3

SIDE PANELS / SPEAKERS
Peeled & Sealed side panels. Note that later, I would relocate harness so it is completely behind columns (insteadof zig-zagging in front and behind columns) to simplify future work on panels.

Before (Harness snakes to front and behind columns):

After (harness now behind columns):

Ground points also relocated to behind the columns. Nut sanded down to bare metal is seen here through my inspection mirror:

My inspection mirror:
Correct, I am not insecure =D

Also relocated 6x9 speakers to side of rear seats:
Speaker is mounted behind the particle board "ring". Grill mesh that came with speaker covers it.
Opening is sized and centered for 6.5-inch woofer so it's flexible. No need to open up completely for oval. (Oval woofer is worn out. Haven't decided what replacement to use, yet). What matters most is the tweeter is completely exposed, and most of the speaker cone faces free air. I'll make that pretty later.

I had enough of the RAAMAudio Ensolite so I applied to back of the side panels.

Toyota components are bullet-proof. Issues often arise from poor wiring, assembly and/or maintenance. Suspect those first.
Next only to our senses, the multi-meter is the most important electrical diagnostic tool. Spend $6 at Harbor Freight or $$$ blindly replacing parts.

Last edited by RAD4Runner; 11-19-2014 at 08:18 PM.
RAD4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote