View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about

Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about Kryptoroxx has a spectacular aura about

This was a fairly easy mod but it was surprising that it was to me. This takes a solid 2nd place for most nerve-racking mod. I had an extra axle tube but it was an ABS-elocker tube and my axles would take modification to fit that.

So now the project list expanded to include the rollbar mod as well as rear disc brakes (still in the works but on the back burner). In the meantime I painted the calipers and modified the rollbar to fit.

In the middle of doing the e-locker I started working on the lights but I know I didn't finish them until after the e-locker. I went through a vendor over on Pirate 4x4 for the led lights and am very pleased with them. I also picked up a set of driving lights off of another member here.

Then if I didn't have enough unfinished ideas I found this little guy in an 81 F250 (I think...it may have been older)

So for now my ongoing projects are currently a 1st gen rollbar with a shelf (dirtco's shelf is the inspiration), rear disc brakes, and a roof rack. Most of these projects are waiting on my acquisition of a welder and for my welds to become good enough to actually be pretty. All of my detailed threads are over on UltimateYota.com.

Here's a pic to give you an idea of the Top rack I have designed. It's ultra low profile (or as low as I could get it without bending tube) and a full roof length.

The big thing on top is my rocketbox pictured earlier. I want to retain the use of that as a waterproof storage.

My long term goals are to build an expedition rig with some flair and room for the family in relative comfort. I would like to build my own trailer (although modding a pop-up is not out of the question), armor, flat belly, and a diesel conversion. Most of all I want to design and build every bit of it myself.
Kryptoroxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote