Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 PM

esto70 is on a distinguished road

esto70 is on a distinguished road
Don't Worry, Be Happy

I made the same swap last summer on my 2013 LE. The tire shop re-used my factory TPMS. The wheel diameter with stock FJ/TE wheels is the same as stock LE wheels, so there are no worries with speed or odometer. I haven't noticed any difference in noise, performance, or gas mileage. Spacers are not needed. The center of the wheel lines up perfectly with my OEM mud flaps. Furthermore, The TE wheels look much better.

Do it and be happy.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch78 View Post
I am about to pull the trigger, but I have a few questions still. I have a 2012 Limited. Is there a programming that needs done to to the computer with the tire size change. 245/60/20 to 265/70/17. Is the tpms the same, is there any special adapters, also do I need a spacer? Thanks for the input in advance. I used the search, and I wasted hours on this stuff. I was going to go to a "bigger" size on the 20's.. 275/55/20, i think that was it. But I haul a 10ft enclosed trailer with a couple harleys in tow. I was worried of the added weight and side wall strenght and the "waggle" factor.
Attached Images
Limited wheels to FJ trail edition wheels-img_1997-jpg 
esto70 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote