Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 05:55 PM

rsingh0405 is on a distinguished road

rsingh0405 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapmeet View Post
I guess...

It's hard to quantify "nothing compares" though. I mean I just read a thread where 5th gen guys are justfying the installation of HID's in a reflector style housing and saying the glare and cut off "isn't that bad." And that opinion seems to be based on how many people flash their brights at them...................

Those of us with factory projector housings are lucky in my estimation, as we can benefit from the optic properties and proper utilization of an HID.
But then you have the $40 ebay HID's vs $200 name brand kits with Phillips bulbs.

Now you're advocating opening the headlight and removing the factory projector to replace it with another projector... because nothing compares?

I'm not knocking it. Everyone has their thing and if you don't mind making the effort for the higher quality glass etc... thats cool. I just don't get all the....

the...

ugh..

^ that
Each to their own. Yeah I will say nothing compares because, honestly not many people will tune their projectors significantly as mine are. IMHO, if anyone is willing to mod their car, SUV, or truck, they will mod it properly and do things properly. Yeah, there are people looking to take short-cuts and what not, but where is the pride in that. Retrofitting isn't for everyone. As for the 5th gen guys, well that's their opinion, a very judgmental one. First of all you're putting yourself and others in danger while running HIDs in a reflector housing, there is a reason many cars do not come with HIDs in reflector housings. Yes some run D2rs, which are a D2 hid bulb run in reflectors (Lexus used these in their cars during the early 2000s until the projector craze). Like I said the factory projector is only halogen based, it has a frensel lens, its not the best out there. A lot of the guys on this site like to open their headlights and paint them black, so why not take it a step farther and replace it with a direct drop in, for added safety and visibility?
rsingh0405 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote