View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 AM

derek l is on a distinguished road

derek l is on a distinguished road
Updated: Aftermarket Catalytic Converter, P0420 & P0440

I've searched and read, and searched some more so please be gentle. There's mixed reviews and opinions all over, but not much info on those who have actually replaced their catalytic converter and even fewer with the results a couple years down the road.

I may be on the verge of having to replace my cats. Dealership said I needed them after throwing P0420. They said the front cat broke and then in turn ruined the rear. Although unsure how they saw this. Nonetheless, thanks to this site, I've been trying my hand at replacing sensors, cleaning MAF & TB but no luck just yet.

I noticed some members here had replaced their cats a while back, but was wondering if that fixed your CEL issue even years after the fact. I enjoy fixing issues myself, but also believe in doing a job right...if that means biting the bullet for cats then that's what I'll do, but I don't want to purchase some aftermarket part that will throw a light a year later. By the way I have a 2002 Limited so I have to 2 cat setup.

My goal is to have my truck in working order, removing the CEL, and getting cats if need be. Not interested in the sensor simulator. Any advice or examples where you've fixed the issue is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by derek l; 10-30-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: update title to reflect the thread more accurately
derek l is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote