Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 02:37 AM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
A day went by. My anxiety levels went off the chart. I need this car in my life.

He accepted my offer and we went to the local Toyota dealership to have a new key cut from the VIN.

I popped in the battery from my 89 MKIII Supra, which was engineless at the time. The instrument cluster came to life with 63,000 miles even on the ODO. The MKIII battery needed a jump, since it had lost charge sitting idle about 9 months.

The transmission was automatic, unfortunately. The 2JZ-GTE's oil was clean and at the proper level. Turned the key and she started right up. I regret not making a video of this event... it was a moment to behold. I was shocked with how well it ran - I had assumed it was not running, hence the sitting.

Immediately, I took the car around the block for a test drive. The first turbo spooled up with minimal pedal effort and the sound had me hooked. I let off the pedal and heard "PSHHHH." The silliest grin came upon my face, I knew this was my lucky day.

Here it is back home in my driveway, a mere 1000 feet away from its prior home.

Here it is with the older Supra counterpart residing in the garage, plus a gutted/chopped up 89 Supra parts car in the driveway.

I had to go to work - there was absolutely no doubt in my mind what I was driving that day.

Note - ugly white gauge inlays and aftermarket radio.

Made it to work without a hiccup!

My friend Carlos helping me clean it up.

Years of dirt washing away...

A distinct color difference was uncovered!

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue

Last edited by ChildrenOfBodom; 10-25-2018 at 12:44 AM.
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote