Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:17 PM

DesertCanyons will become famous soon enough

DesertCanyons will become famous soon enough
Insider Privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Rrunner View Post
Well the general public doesn't know but Toyota knows and how do you know who or what I know. No announcements will be made about the 2016 until Toyota does their standard press release in a few months. the 2016 will be a carryover. Let's see if I'm right
@05Runner

You're right. I don't know what or who you know. That's why I posed the question. And most people who would know what's coming in a new model are sworn to secrecy. At risk of losing their insider's privilege, they won't say anything until it's official.

Yea, I don't see how they can improve on the T4R without going for more power but that would almost certainly mean lower gas mileage. So yes, a carry-over from previous models. Locking front diff's pose problems of their own and bigger tires aren't likely in a vehicle that mostly sees urban and highway driving. Still, the 5th Generation hasn't changed much in 6 years.

The trend in other SUVs is for unibody construction, less power, auto trans with more gears, AWD, and lower profile, not good options for a dedicated off-road truck.

I could see a replacement of the FJ Cruiser somewhere in between the T4R and a Jeep Wrangler. Maybe not this year, but someday.
2015 T4R Trail Edition w/KDSS. Baja Rack flat utility rack, Baja Rack ladder, WeatherTech floor mats, Demello rock sliders. RCI skid plates, Falken AT3W LT285/70R17 tires, ICON Stage 7 tubular 2" extended travel lift, ICON Rebound 17x8.5" 0 offset alloy wheels, Baxter Performance remote oil filter adapter. Side exit exhaust, 2nd recovery hook on rear frame corner, DIY wheel well liners with 1/4" neoprene rubber.
DesertCanyons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote