Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 04:47 PM

Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough

Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoJeff View Post
looking good... did you have the factory alarm on yours already? and if so, were there any issues with the new alarm working with the factory door locks and electronics?
I kind of side stepped this issue. I got an aftermarket alarm.

My truck has a factory alarm switch, but I didn't get any fobs when I purchased the vehicle from the PO. I sometimes have to park in some sketchy areas. I have learned the hard way years ago that alarms can save you money in the long run. I came to the realization that although I hate alarms and carrying extra crap on a key chain, I hate replacing locks, door handles, and or glass more.

I just sucked it up and had an aftermarket Clifford 3806X alarm installed. Its much nicer than my previous alarms and has a great range, ~1000ft or so. It unlocks and locks the doors and has a bright blue LED light in the top corner of the windshield. Someone told me once that in the criminal world, red LED security alarms means factory and is less of a bother than blue LED security alarms can be more trouble than its worth. Of course, no security alarm will protect you from smash and grab dirtbags, so don't leave anything too tempting in sight.

If you get an aftermarket alarm, get the insurance that covers the key fob. If you have to replace those things, you will make your money back and then some.
Road Bull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote