Thread: Chim's 99
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:50 PM

Chim will become famous soon enough

Chim will become famous soon enough
Did some work on the 4runner this weekend with a buddy and a bunch of new parts

This is how it sat at the beginning:

Pretty much all wheel well measurements were about 35"

Did the front first. Let me start off by saying this whole job was so much easier with two people.. had it only been me it would have been a pain and lots of cussing! We installed the new factory toyota lower ball joints and tie rod ends. Just as a note by runner has 150k and the factory LBJ's looked super good when I pulled them off. Installed the BOSS coilovers at factory settings then ended up raising them up to just under 3" to sit level with the back.

Then moved onto the rear. We got one side in great then ended up having to use spring compressors for the other side. We may have been ok if we had unhooked the panhard bar but we didn't want to. All in all it went smooth though.. with two people that is.

And all done.

Yet still looking like a baby next to my buddys 2nd gen sitting on 37's.

More pics:

When all done all wheel well measurements were consistent at 38" (3" lift)
Chim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote