Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:14 AM

fdbyrne is on a distinguished road

fdbyrne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by acronin2 View Post
Do you have Part #s for the metal trans fluid cooler lines? I am planning on doing the ATF exchange soon. What is the procedure for replacing the lines?
Actually, yes. I can't promise that it's the same part for all years, though. For my 2004 SR5 V6 4x4, the part was 32907-60070. My dealer gives me shop prices because I'm always in there and the shop price for the lines was $71.50.

As for the procedure to replace them, it's very straight forward. Just unbolt the old set of lines from the frame, disconnect all 4 rubber hoses (I marked all my hoses to make sure I attached them all to the right nipple), reconnect the rubber lines to the new metal lines, bolt the metal lines to the frame.

I broke off one of the two bolts that held the old set of lines in place. I had to drill it out and retap the holes. I'd recommend replacing the bolts while you do it since the new part doesn't come with them and the bolts themselves will be in about as good of shape as the lines that need to be replaced. They are M8 bolts with 1.25 thread pitch. They cost me $.69 each at the local Ace Hardware for the hardened ones.

Also, the spring clips that hold the rubber hoses to the metal lines were completely shot. I had a hard time getting them off because the tabs that you compress to release the spring tension just broke off. I replaced all 4 with new hose clamps.

Last edited by fdbyrne; 06-24-2015 at 10:18 AM.
fdbyrne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote