View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 AM

CWebb is on a distinguished road

CWebb is on a distinguished road
update: I have all my parts that I've ordered here. Now the build has begun and hopefully will be on the road soon enough.

It's crazy what you find when you buy used things, there are some people who don't know what the hell they are doing. Found out the block I bought had a few innacurate things, some bad some good but nothing that stops the progress. I was originally told there was GSC springs, but they are actually BC Springs. No biggie since I'm not going higher than 750 and honestly aiming for a moderate tune. I was also told I would be recieving a billet tensioner, that was not the case. Definitely frustrated here as it's something I thought I was able to mark off my list. Moved on, and bought it from PHR. Lastly, the good news was that I was told I had Crower 280s - but once I pulled them they were actually GSC S2s. Jackpot, since I knew I wasn't wanting such an aggressive cam I easily sold them and bought some HKS 264s.

I've gotten the subpans on, new PHR modified oil pump and the HKS Cams in. Not much but it feels good to be building up instead of tearing down.

In the meantime, I've marked a few more things off my list. I bought the OCD Billet Valve and Coil Covers with the group buy that is going on. I also snagged up a pair of CCW Classics from a local who is going with some TE37s. WIN! It's crazy to think about what I've purchased in the past few months but it will be worth it once she is all back together.

At this point, the only thing lingering over me is my turbo. I have a COMP 67mm and it only has 5K on it with no shaft play. It's in great condition, but I really think I want to get a Precision Turbo, maybe 6266, 6466 or 6766.

So, here is my updated list of the build ** 6/12/15**

PROJECT BUILD INFO
Head
- HKS 264 cams
- BC Springs
- GSC Retainers
- ARP Studs
- PHR Billet timing belt tensioner and welded gear
Block
- 10:1 CP Pistons .20
- Manley H-Plus Rods
- Polished Crank
- ACL race bearings
- Pro EFI, full kit w/ color can
- Built Boost Logic Tranny w/ PI 3600 stall converter, included 2 B&M trans coolers, 2 spal cooler fans, brand new -6an ss braided line, 2 fittings to attach the ss braided line at the trans, a brand new external screw on filter with mount and all fittings, a brand new internal filter, and a brand new Lexus deep oil pan.
- ID1300s
- Titan G2 Cam Gears - Black
- Fluidampr
- PHR black edition pulley set (4) w/ water pump
- PHR slim fit power steering
- PHR triple hanger (run 2 walbro 485 pumps for now) w install kit
- PHR Billet water neck
- PHR Oil filter relo kit
- PHR upper radiator pipe
- Mishimoto Radiator
- Gates Timing Belt
- new OEM Water pump
- TRD Thermostat
- new Upper Gasket kit and o rings
- PHR Titanium bolt kit
- OCD Billet Valve/Coil Cover - Black
- Stu Hagen interior gauge upgrade - shipped to Stu 5/18 - awaiting delivery
- 18" CCW Classics 18x10 / 18/11 wBFG KDW tires 265/35 and 295/35. I'll upgrade to a 305 next round. - awaiting delivery

Things I've kept from old build
- Comp 67 Turbo - contimplating going PT
- Ceramic coated Turbo header
- External Waste Gate
- Tial BOV
- Custom Intake manifold by Inline 6 Performance - will eventually upgrade to Virtual Works
- Aueromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Front Mount Intercooler
- Coolant overflow
- Greddy Turbo Timer
- HKS Ignition
- K-Sport Adjustable Coil over struts

CWebb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote