Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 02:26 PM

MoonStorm is on a distinguished road

MoonStorm is on a distinguished road
Post Advertised ground clearance for Trail with KDSS off by 1"

Long time lurker here, decided to go ahead with the purchase of a red Trail.

As soon as I saw the car on the lot I realized it was something off with the advertised ground clearance. The specs show 9.6" but I just measured it leveled, unloaded and with the recommended tire pressure of 32psi and I get 8.6" at the skid plate. Is this just a matter of wishful thinking on behalf of Toyota or I'm missing something here.

UPDATE:
The mystery has been solved. The KDSS is reducing the ground clearance by about an inch. Thanks guys for clearing it up.
Toyota should have advertised this in the specs.

Last edited by MoonStorm; 12-26-2015 at 05:37 AM.