Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 01:28 PM

borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about

borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about borfoo3 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal View Post
A CAI won't do you any good as you already have one from the factory, and premium fuel won't net you much considering the VVT-I valve system this engine sports. You'd be literally throwing money away
Well, can't really show proof as I've mentioned above so can only relate to my own experiences on this one. I've had a few builds and dynos in the past ('71 Roadrunner with a built 383, full exhaust, '71 GTO Judge with a 455 HO and full exhaust, carbs, '12 G37S w/ High flow cats, catbacks, long tube intakes, ECU tune...etc.) and dyno'd and carefully driven EVERY change on all of them with plenty of hits n misses.. Personally I don't go easy on what I buy just because I spent the money.. If its shit or useless, out it goes. The CAI didn't feel like a 'wasted' effort to be honest. I do feel a change, and whilst I never trust butt dynos or ears as a replacement for better means of reading power figures, I can say with confidence there is a gain to be felt for sure. Even if I'm completely wrong here, I'd still keep it for the noises.

Money throwing, on the other hand, is a problem I'll admit to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest RnR View Post
borfoo3 great build so far! Looks like your ready for the big desert. Awesome video too, that looks fun and crazy all at once in those dunes.
Thanks! It is crazy out there.. definitely different than trails n all, but still fun nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neauxla View Post
I am doing my build somewhat similar as it is a DD but I added a roof rack and sliders and instead of getting new shocks, I'm getting spacers b/c I can't see getting rid of my nice XREAS
Yeah, the guy at the shop told me they did an XREAS change to aftermarket and it took them some effort.. More importantly, if it works for you as it is and your happy with it, keep it! Still drooling myself over a gobi rack and ladder.. but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by borfoo3; 07-17-2015 at 02:44 PM.
borfoo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote