View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 PM

raptorRunner01 is on a distinguished road

raptorRunner01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikep. View Post
I was there when I did my facelift, I switched all the front indicator bulbs to led. I did a lot of digging, but found close to nothing on the matter. I was originally going to solder in a pot, but had trouble finding one within the range that I needed. I do not remember what forum it was, not this one, I stumbled upon a thread where someone filed down the factory bar resistor. This is what I did, I actually used a bench grinder (VERY carefully of course). It has been working flawlessly ever since. It works completely as it should, if I unplug a bulb front or rear, it will hyperflash, so I will know if a bulb goes out. I ended up grinding about half off the factory bar, which is not the conventional style resistor, basically just a metal bar. I have an 03 limited with factory DRL's. I tapped both the upper and lower turn signals on the same circuit, the DRL's have been disabled for a long time before I did this. Rear bulbs are stockers still.
Ha! I think I found that exact same post you're talking about. I was wondering how well that mod worked. Makes me nervous since it's such a permanent mod but I guess if it ever fails, you could just always buy a new relay at the stealership and be back to normal. Question though - why did you have to disable the DRL's for this to work? Also, what do you mean by tapping the upper and lower turn signals on the circuit? I thought we only had the lower turn signals in the bumper as active? Thanks!
raptorRunner01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote