Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: help diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:00 AM

thomas_guerra is on a distinguished road

thomas_guerra is on a distinguished road
help starting problem diagnosis

hey guys, looking for some help on my wife's 2.7l 98 4runner AT.
I did a quick search but didn't see anything quite related on the first few pages. If i missed something, I apologize in advance. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there is already a thread on this.

My wife truck has recently (starting about 2 weeks ago, happening daily) had a starting issue. It would crank over extremely well, but start after an amount of time. (First a few cranks, then progressively more and more.) The longest I've been at it is maybe 15 minutes. Once it starts it runs just fine. There is a CEL but my Bluetooth OBD doesn't read any codes, nor does the service at Autozone. BTW Starting fluid would start the car for a second or two, then die...

I used to hear the fuel pump whenever I stopped cranking, but today the vehicle would not start, and I couldnt hear the fuel pump.

I guess what I'm looking for is the fuel pump schematic/pinout to try to jump the pump and diagnose that.

Sorry to be long winded, but has anybody else had similar problems?

Also, not sure if it is related, but the ignition cylinder locked up on us. The key would not turn past the locked position, but I somehow got it loose and the key now works.

Thanks for any and all help-
thomas

Last edited by thomas_guerra; 08-18-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: better title
thomas_guerra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote