Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:29 PM

flyinhawaiian01 will become famous soon enough

flyinhawaiian01 will become famous soon enough
Yep, a 1UZ would be fantastic, but cost to finish the project, including everything you'd need, and have the truck driving on its own power down the road, you're at least 3 grand into it. While a lot will carry over from the donor car, to do it "RIGHT", means to adapt a bunch of stuff in the dash, get exhaust system run properly and still have it efficient so you get full power of out that engine, and have it all tuned and dialed in costs a LOT more than just throwing in a V6. Those can be done dirt cheap, even with a full build on the engine!

I too would love a 1UZ in my truck, but the economical way to make power would be Chevy V6.

And I know you can get a cheap sub-1,000 dollar lexus as a donor car with lots of other issues, but for me, putting an engine that has more than 100,000 miles in my truck without at least going through and doing a mild rebuild to make sure all is well before the swap would be a bad decision. Just that alone will cost you near 4 or 500 bucks more (full gasket kit, water pump, timing belt, whatever else would be done on a 100k service), and that doesn't include any repairs if you find something wrong.

And, if any of you wanna swap a 1UZ into your vehicle and adapt an R-154 trans to it, I've got a friend selling his one-off bellhousing right now!

Ain't she purrdyyyy!?!?!?!?!
2006 Honduh Odyssey (the wife's van)
flyinhawaiian01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote