Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 09:08 AM

Atlantan is on a distinguished road

Atlantan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjohn624 View Post
Hi everyone, I am John. I just bought my first 4Runner but I have always liked these trucks. I ended up with an 04 SR5 V6 4WD which is frankly pretty rough haha. It just turned 200k miles and although it runs great it has quite a few problems that I am going to fix. Its originally from NY so its seen some salty winter roads and it has quite a bit of rust. The frame is good mostly, the body only has a few small rust spots, but some other items are pretty rusty and will need to be repaired/replaced.

1. Needs brakes F&R. I am hoping I can get by with pads, rotors, and new hardware. I really don't want to buy any calipers
2. The AC doesn't hold a charge. I think its the compressor. I have added dye so we shall see.
3. The power steering pump leaks A LOT, hoping that is the only thing damaged
4. The window regulator for the tailgate is broken. The tab that goes to the glass broke on one side from rust.
5. The support struts for the liftgate are dead.
6. Backlighting on the HVAC controls are half out, replacing with some orange LEDs when they come in and hopefully they never go out again.
7. Wiper switch has a dead intermittent function. Thanks to this site I've learned its the little relay in the switch. I tested mine and its bad so I've ordered a new one and I'll solder that in when it comes in.
8. Drivers side sunvisor is broken and needs to be replaced.

There is probably more but I have already fixed some other things so I'll leave them off the list

Right now I am waiting on parts that I have ordered so I figure its a good time for me to research more about it. I have already been lurking around a bit while researching parts and repair information. I have seen so many valuable threads already. I can't wait to participate.
Congrats, exterior seems to be in good shape.

2013 Model S : P85
Atlantan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote