Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 10:30 PM

iBison is on a distinguished road

iBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
So I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but I'd like to add a mirror with a compass (amber) to my '06 SR5. Homelink isn't totally necessary for me. I don't have a sunroof, so is there another power wire I can connect it to? Not sure what to search for on Ebay. Seems like there are a lot of Gentex mirrors on there. Not sure which one specifically I should look at.
I went to a local non u-pull-it junkyard and got a mirror off a 4Runner for ten or twenty bucks. It's green, not amber, but it is auto dimming, which I really like. If you want amber, go to a local u pull it junkyard, you should be able to find one for five or ten bucks from some vehicle that will work. I'd grab the windshield mount and as much wire as you can with it and the plastic cover over the wires. Homelink is not part of the mirror, at least not on 4Runners with a sunroof, but many other cars have it in the mirror. There are two major manufacturers and I don't remember who makes what, but whatever brand the lincolns use seem to have way more issues than what most GM cars use from what I've seen at junkyards. When I grab a mirror I take a putty knife to the edge of the mount and whack it gently with a wrench or something and it pops right off.

Someone else may be able to tell you if power is run up there by default or not. If you have map lights you have power. If you have map lights make sure you pry them off from the right side, I "think" from the windshield egde.

I bought the map lights with homelink, you want homelink, unless maybe if you leave your runner parked outside your house.

.: READ IT! :.
Pre-Purchase Info, Modifications, Write-Ups, Quick Links, and FAQ's
Tons of info on 4th gens for new and prospective buyers with links to the best topics.
iBison is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote