Grand General 77650 Grill Lights
Interior LED Light Conversion
Differential Breather Re-Locate
Fog Light Independent Control
Sharkfin Antenna Delete
Dipped Fender Flares
National Park Headliner Patch Collection

***Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast***

A little backstory; have always been into building vehicles, both street and off-road, and I usually get a new project every few years and sell the old one.

As far as old stuff I have restored a 1969 Camaro and a 1969 Nova; new stuff I have built up a 2003 VW Passat Wagon W8; and off-road I have built up a 2001 Dodge Dakota, a 2005 Jeep KJ, and a 2003 Wrangler TJ.

Most recently it was the TJ which I loved but it was time to move to something new. That brings us to my newest project, a 2015 4Runner Trail Edition!

This is her right after picking up from the dealership:

I have always loved the black and white look which I had on both my Nova and my Passat W8 so I decided to go that way again. This truck will be a mix of a 4Runner and a Stormtrooper.

Right away I wanted to get rid of all the silver so I used plasti-dip to do the bumpers, emblems and roof rack.

I knew I wanted to lift it immediately so I started doing my research and decided on a Toytec lift. After talking to a tech at Toytec, I decided on the Ultimate kit over the BOSS kit. I also got some spider-trax spacers

After the lift install I got some Duratrac's in 285/70R17. Lot's of rubbing so I adjusted my LR UCA's and pulled the front fenders forward.

I actually really like the stock Trail wheels so today I plan to plasti-dip them black. In the future I would love to get some rock sliders and a GOBI rack but that will have to wait a while as I have dropped a lot into this truck right off the bat. Now it's time to go play!

Instagram = Storm.Runner
Instagram Photography = StormRunner.Photography
2015 Trail Edition. Toytec Ultimate Lift, LR UCA's, Goodyear Duratrac 285/70R17's, SpiderTrax 1.25" Spacers, Eezi-Awn K9 2.2M Rack, StormRunner Rock Sliders, RCI Aluminum Skids, TredPro Traction Boards

Last edited by jdtaylor42; 10-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.
jdtaylor42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote