Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 01:24 PM

jamesmgardner is on a distinguished road

jamesmgardner is on a distinguished road
New 4runner owner in KC!

Hey guys, I just bought an 05 SR5 2WD 4.0l with 160k mi. It's Galactic Grey Mica. I don't generally buy vehicles with that high of mileage but it was love at first sight and too good a deal to pass up! It came in about $1k under KBB.

Most solid vehicle I've ever had! Few scratches and dings here and there but the interior is FLAWLESS and the truck runs excellent.

I've had it 3 weeks now and put in a new Pioneer Bluetooth radio, a Spectre hi-flow air filter and, of course, my Chiefs and Royals stickers! I also took out the relay for the 12v sockets and put in a jumper so I can have constant 12v for charging things and hooking up my power inverter.

Obviously, having 160k miles it has a few minor fixes I need to take care of:

1. Serpentine belt has visible wear on the outside of the belt. Molle said I have a tensioner that may be a little tight. I have a new belt in-hand.

2. Door lock actuators on the LF, LR and RR are bad and the RF is tricky sometimes. An expensive fix but I can deal with it for now.

3. Front wheel bearings may be going bad as there's a slight resonance between 25 and 40 mph, especially while cornering.

4. Brake pads need replaced and I just got some Wagner Thermo Quiet ceramic pads, just need time to put them on. When I do this I'll check the wheel bearings.

Minor issues aside, I love the truck and am looking forward to many years and miles of dependability!