Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 AM

SteveAndStaci is on a distinguished road

SteveAndStaci is on a distinguished road
Need help fast!! New Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAndStaci View Post
I need help!! I'm very lost. I bought a new Kenwood DNX572BH with Navigation, Bluetooth, and SiriusXM. I have my Eclipse stereo and hardness out. I've connected the speakers and the steering wheel controls (using Axxess ASWC-1). I haven't installed in the vehicle and tested yet because I have a LOT of extra wires. I've read absolutely everything I could find on this forum. The Crutchfield wiring diagram for the Urban Runner doesn't seem to be exactly accurate. I have many wires left over... can someone tell me where these go?
  • R+ (gray with orange stripe)
  • L+ (White with black stripe)
  • R- (Black with orange stripe)
  • L- (Blue with white stripe)
  • TX+ (Green with red stripe)
  • TX- (Green with black stripe)
  • ILL +B (orange with white stripe)
  • ILL - (orange)
  • SPD (pink)

For the 12V constant (yellow), do I just make a three-way connection between the old Eclipse harness, my new harness that came with the Kenwood unit, and the Axxess steering wheel control harness?

This is going to sound dumb (but I'm not good with electrical), but what about all the black ground wires? There are three black ground wires from the old Eclipse harness, one from the new Kenwood harness, one from the Axxess steering wheel control harness, and a brown/black wire that needs to be ground to the chassis. Did you guys just connect all these ground wires together? Once the harness is plugged back into the vehicle, I assume the black wire is already grounded somewhere under the hood.

For the GPS, did you guys just use the GPS antenna wire from the Eclipse unit or did you route a new GPS antenna that came with your new Head Unit?

Lastly... I saw this answered before when searching the forum but I can't find it again. Where does everyone recommend routing the SiriusXM antenna wire?
I'm sorry to BUMP this so soon, but I'm desperate... heading out of town tomorrow and need to get this figured out and put back together! Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.
SteveAndStaci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote