Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:57 PM

RysiuM is on a distinguished road

RysiuM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Lugnut View Post
Then again, nashman69's 2010 FSM doesn't look to bad either.
Yes, that was it. But now I'm not sure if electrical diagrams from nashman89's 2010 FMS are relevant to 2012 SR5. In 2010 docs flasher is next to center console, but I think 2012 (and newer) have flasher as a part of Body ECU (I can't confirm that as I did not open the dash yet - still it's new to me). However from the Mitchell's diagram I may be able to separate trailer's stop light functionality from blinkers just by disconnecting blue wire from #16 in flasher unit (Stop Light Input), and use Brake Control pin on the trailer hookup for trailer's stop light.

On the similar note 5thGen DRL will not be "legal" in EU - they need to be separate UE certified lights. Based on 2010 FMS diagram I imagine it should be easy to mod just by disconnecting DRL wire going from Main Body ECU to the flasher unit and then connecting it to the new DRL relay (see diagram below). This change would work for adding LED type DRL, replacing front flasher bulbs with orange/white switchback LEDs or one of the DRL/Fog LED lights mod shown here on the forum.

How does this part of diagram looks on Mitchell's manuals?
Attached Images
Wiring diagram for trailer hookup in 2012 SR5 ?-drl-4runner-jpg 
RysiuM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote