Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 02:16 AM

jpeaslee is on a distinguished road

jpeaslee is on a distinguished road
Glad to see a proper thread. I'm hoping to relocate to Huntsville/Madison soon. I have family up there and have always loved it. There seem to be a ton more places to wheel than down here too.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 4x front bumper and then ended up with an AOR plate bumper. I cut the frame rails off with a cheap harbor freight grinder in <30 mins and then you just have to drill (2) 9/16" holes in the frame. There's really not much too it, and the new crossmember is stout. The 4x is definitely a nice looking bumper though.

I didn't do the SS1.2, but I did do bilstein 5100s all around, trd coils up front and OME 906s in the rear. Once it settled, it's perfectly level (with the fronts on the bottom perch) and right at 2" higher than it was factory. I usually carry a good chunk of stuff in the back, and I kinda like a bit of rake anyway. At somepoint I'm going to swap out the 906s for superflex coils (but then comes the extended brakelines, bumpstops and new panhard bar). It definitely rides like butter. My cousin has a stock 100 series and is always compliments me on having a smoother ride on the trails than he has.

67 M416 Trailer springover on 33s w/ HEO RTT
jpeaslee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote