Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 05:39 PM

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute
I have made progress in my sound deadening project, but first a quick rant:

I was driving down the mile of dirt road we live on and passed a truck which threw a rock which hit my windshield very loudly. When I assessed the damage, I first noticed an inch-long scratch taken out of my hood, which led to a small crack at the base of my windshield that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before.

Anyway, onto the sound deadening. A thanks goes to HokieRunner's thread and some others that I followed.

Products used:
Fatmat RattleTrap - 150sqft - Used all
1/8" Closed Cell Foam - 100sqft - Used 40sqft
Trademark Soundproofing MLV - 100sqft - Used 70sqft

Started with the rear doors

This weekend I started and finished the whole interior; all I have left is the rear hatch and front doors. I wasn't originally planning to do above the headliner this weekend, but I was already 80% there so...

Next, the floor. I added a bit more after taking these pics

Next, the MLV. It was late when I finished this.

I also stuffed some MLV in front of the sunroof while the headliner was down and took the opportunity to vacuum every nook and cranny, as well as shampoo the carpet while it was out. I made sure I didn't have to do this again!

Casualties
  • 17hrs of my time
  • The four rear headliner clips were easier to shatter than risk damage to headliner. I will need to buy some.
  • A couple clips/standoffs broke on the upper rear panels, but they still fit fine.
  • Rear hatch weatherstripping needs reglued.
  • Front map light section needs new front tabs, or replaced (a PITA to pull out!).
  • Of all things that don't fit after this, it was the stupid plastic seat foot covers! I might need to mod them.
  • My exhaust sounds quieter
  • Too many cuts and scrapes to my poor hands.
Rewards
  • My engine sounds louder (less exhaust noise)
  • Other differences yet to be determined

Preview on next mods

Got the 5100's in. (They sent a diesel magazine with them, haha)

Thanks, that is all.

Last edited by Inv4drZm; 08-09-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Inv4drZm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote