Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 12:33 AM

AssBurns will become famous soon enough

AssBurns will become famous soon enough
AssBurns 2000 Limited Build Thread

@infamousRNR
Thank man!
Yeah I have 12" shocks so they are significantly longer than stock and when mounted vertically instead of angled inboard they need to mounted even higher. I'm not too sure why people mount theirs to the rear. There is a lot more room to clear the tires if they are angled forward because of how the axle moves under articulation and creates roll steer. My goal was to gain as much down travel as reasonably possible and keep my stock bump stop location.
@snow junky
I my original plan wasn't to notch the frame like I did but I would have rubbed either my tire or hit the frame rail depending on where I mounted my lower mounts. So I decided to notch the frame quite a bit and was able to move the upper mount inwards about 1/2" which helped clear the tires.

Last edited by AssBurns; 12-17-2015 at 12:40 AM.
AssBurns is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote