Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 10:24 AM

mtncrzr is on a distinguished road

mtncrzr is on a distinguished road
Victory Lap Starter Repair Kit -which did you use? ND-36SOL/ND-34SOL or plunger dia?

Did you use a Victory Lap Starter Rebuild Kit? Please share your motor, 5speed or auto, and which kit worked for you.

Or do you have a spare plunger handy to post dimensions (length, dia)?

The totyota rebuild kits are not expensive, but Amazon carries the Victory Lap Starter Rebuild Kits, ND-34SOL & ND-36SOL,
I thought this would be a good reference thread for starter repair using this kit.

They are also available at
ND-34SOL Nippondenso Solenoid Repair Kit | Cpidivisions
ND-36SOL Nippondenso Solenoid Repair Kit | Cpidivisions
They prefer you buy them direct.

The 5speed starter is 1.4kW & the auto starter is 1.8kW.
Searching for the correct part, I called cpidivisions, the manufacturer (or supplier) and was told after some uncertainty that the 34 is for 1.4kW starters and 36 is for 1.8kW, so I ordered the 36, I've a v6/auto here. Now I'm not so sure. I think it's more about matching the plunger dimensions, 34.8mm or 36.8mm diameter (named accordingly),
If you're measuring in inches, 34.8mm= 1-3/8", & 36.8mm=1-7.2/16, (just 1/16 bigger)
, and plunger length.

I have the 36 in hand, but the box does not list the 3.4l engine or the 2.7 engines. Kit appears to have all types of copper contacts, but I'd like to know if it's the correct plunger. This replacement is 36.8mm x 4-13/16" in length. I'm an hour from parts.

The pics below are of ND-36SOL

Thanks!
Attached Images
Victory Lap Starter Repair Kit -which did you use? ND-36SOL/ND-34SOL -plunger dia?-2015-12-20-06-42-11-jpg  Victory Lap Starter Repair Kit -which did you use? ND-36SOL/ND-34SOL -plunger dia?-20151220_064049-jpg 

Last edited by mtncrzr; 12-20-2015 at 10:32 AM.
mtncrzr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote