Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 09:37 AM

t-man is on a distinguished road

t-man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
I don't want to start another "lift thread" so hoping someone reads this.

I have 2005 Sport Edition 4x4. From my readings, the XREAS is standard. That means I'm limited on lifts so it looks like I'm going to get the 3" spacer lift. However, I have a couple questions.....

1) is there a link or a write-up to do the spacer lift with the XREAS system. I've never messed with this system and I don't feel comfortable messing with the lines connecting the shocks (that is if they need to be disconnected).

2) with the 3" lift, I've read that the alignment may be off and the use of UCA are recommended. Which ones are most people getting to get the job done? TC, Icon, modified OEM?

3) my suspension has 225k miles. I know i can get FJ suspension but it will raise it up even more with the spacer on top. So are there alternatives that I can get that are compatible with the XREAS or keep what I have?

4) anything else I may need besides sway bar relocate and brake lines?
With that many miles scrap the XREAS. You have to replace all 4 shocks at once, but it's worth it. You can get Bilsteins for cheap, or go through the roof or anywhere in between.
All XREAS is is a hydraulic tube (brake line) connecting the shocks in an X pattern. You can unbolt it easily, or cut it easier. There is a thread about it. Don't let it scare you.
2005 Toyota 4Runner, Sport Edition, V8, K&N filter, Doug Thorley headers, custom dual exhaust, Bilstein 5100 W/ Tacoma TRD coils in front, FJ Cruiser coils, Daystar 1.5" spacer W/ Doetsch Tech 8000 10" shocks in rear, 2.5" 4crawler Body Lift, removed Sway-Bars, removed mud flaps, removed running boards, chopped body mount, 315/70-R17 Hankook Dynapro MT
Build thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ld-thread.html
t-man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote