Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM

ysrsquid is on a distinguished road

ysrsquid is on a distinguished road
Is this Crank Repairable?

OK Guys, Motor #2 is out and here's the crankshaft with the damaged key. The key came out completely undamaged (definately hard metal). The harmonic balancer was cracked (as shown in previous pictures). The crank timing gear is cracked but that's OK because I have another one from the previous motor.

The big question is the crank OK? It's not bent. I currently can't get the crank timing gear off because when the key folded over it created a 'divot' in the crank's metal. I don't know if I should try to beat the crank down or try to grind it down.

I've called the junkyard where I got the motor and they know that there are possible problems so if the crank is no good then the motor goes back. I just really hate to give up a motor that has 8800 miles on it. Stupid Cranks.

Looking for suggestions... Dave

'04 4Runner Limited (Running Again on Motor #4 - Long story but posted on 4Runner.org website)
'92 BMW 325ic
'88 BMW 528e
'68 Firebird Conv
'96 Ducati Monster M900
'88 YSR 50 (race bike-SOLD to Endurance Racing Partner)
ysrsquid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote