View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 AM

Powder_Hound is on a distinguished road

Powder_Hound is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker, 1st time poster. (-:

I am a lucky man as my 12 YO XREAS equipped T4R with 112,000 finally decided to leak and got wife's green light to upgrade the suspension. After reading through many posts and talking with Slee and Toytec, I've narrowed my choices to 2 variations of OME and was hoping for feedback.

1) OME
- Front 895 coils with 90021 struts and trim spacer
- Rear 895 coils with 60004 struts
2) OME/Toytec
- Front 895 coils with 90021 struts and trim spacer
- Rear Toytec Superflex Or Superflex HD springs and 60020 struts

After reading many great posts I have a couple of lingering questions. Part of my confusion is that many posts are referencing springs without mention of what struts are being used other than Bilstein 5100's. It appears that the struts have a direct effect on ride in addition to spring choice. I would appreciate feedback and/or your opinions if you will.

1) If I go OME do the newer "softer" valved struts (90021 and 60004) create a less "harsh" ride than their predecessors (specifically rear) I don't mind firm and want stiffer than stock.
2) If I add the top plate spacers on either mod will I end up with a negative rake (nose high).

This is not my DD, but it is not always driven with load when used. I do some wheeling, but no rock crawling. The T4R is used to hammer up I-70 in search of powder in the winter, hauling mountain bikes and other summer toys, including a pup, in the summer. I am not adding the diff drop as my alignment is in spec with my current lift. I am planning on putting my Airlift Bags back in to help with towing (if necessasary after mod-I only want to drop rear end once). I'm not interested in coil over (Icon or Toytec Ultimate) as I have no interest in F$&ing with ride height after install.

What do you guys think? Full OME Med, OME/Toytec, Top Plate Spacers?
Thanks!!!!!
1st was an 87, 2nd was a 95 and 4th gen is a 04 V8 Sport. OME 885/Toytec RCC2.0HD, SPC UCA's, RCI Sliders with top tread, Airlift 1000, and BFG ATKO2's - 265/70/17's. Tekonsha brake controller, EBay interior LED's, and Kenwood DDX 594 radio. Yakima roof rack for all seasons up top.
Build thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ld-thread.html

Powder_Hound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote