Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 PM

GuardianBU is an unknown quantity at this point

GuardianBU is an unknown quantity at this point
Clicking/Ticking noise from the engine

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and recently bought a 07 SR5 4WD on 1/27/07. I like it a lot - always liked Toyotas - had a 99 Camry before this and needed something a bit bigger.

Only question I have is that there is a ticking noise coming from left side of the engine when warm. took it to the Toyota dealer who said that is normal (although they could not hear over the racket in the shop). I described it to them but they listed other reasons for it like fuel injectors, new catalytic convereter, severe cold weather. the point that stuck with me is that he does not want to touch an engine that is brand new esp when he does not know for sure there is something wrong with it. besides, he said i have the warranty so if there is a problem it should get worse enough to be more noticeable.

Anyway, from reading the forums, it seems some other people had similar experiences - can any of youshed some more light on this?

Cheers
GuardianBU is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote