Notices

View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Rusty Davis is on a distinguished road

Rusty Davis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by toybox
I totally disagree with this statement when it concerns Toyota at least. I have a first year 4th gen and it has been very reliable. First year FJ cruisers are said to be extremely reliable. And if you look at Consumer reports for Toyota models you will see that first year models are no less reliable than the subsequent years. American cars, well yes, that can't seem to get anything right on their first try.......and the second....and the third......
I can't really argue there! I was thinking more along the lines of domestic vehicles which, sadly, I'll probably never buy another one. Toyota's spend much more time with R&D rather than trying to spit a new design out asap. The thing about foreign cars is too that they've already been on the market elsewhere.

I'm sure people will disagree with me on this, but I'm surprised how VW seems to fall under the same category as the domestic vehicles. They've gotten better, perhaps it's because they're not made in mexico any longer.
The "new beetle" was a disaster though. But you know what I mean, it's a trend that new models have bugs in them that need to be worked out.
Rusty Davis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote