Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM

NViejeP is an unknown quantity at this point

NViejeP is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake fluid, transmission fluid, and rear differential fluid

Well, I went to get my oil change today and the person told me that my brake fluid was low. That was probably why my light was going on and off.

Well I foudn where the brake fluid is and it looks like I just need to fill it up. Does it matter what type of brake fluid I get, or should I just get any type of DOT3 availible?

Also, he recommended that I change the transmission fluid and also the rear differential fluid becasue both have gone pretty bad.

In a week and a half I'm going to be going on a long road trip from San Francisco to past Los Angeles. Do you think I can get away with teh transmisison and rear differential fluid being bad for now? Can I hold off changing that until after the trip?

And one more thing, I noticed that they gave me 10/30 oil instead of my 5/30 oil I previously had. is there any difference really?
JL XR 650CSi Components Up Front
Eclipse SW7324 in a 1 cuft. sealed enclosure

Last edited by NViejeP; 03-24-2007 at 04:21 PM.
NViejeP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote