Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 08:36 AM

mybabydaddy is on a distinguished road

mybabydaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrackftw View Post
My buddy just installed some 5100's and NO spacers or other lifts. He set the front to the max height setting (2.2 I think) & he has a nearly perfect level truck. He's on 275 KO2's and stock wheels and it looks amazing. I thought for sure he'd have some reverse rake with the 2.2 setting up front but he doesn't, not even with his hitch bike rack and mountain bikes sitting on them (which would pitch the nose up additionally).

Because of this, I'm sold on doing the max height setting for the 5100's up front and not doing any spacer in the rear. It looks really good on his truck and as I said... level.

To each his own; you are more than welcome to try/do it.... But I'm telling you, somethings not right with that. Either he isn't on the highest setting, or something else is going on. TONS of us have all done this mod, and you WILL HAVE NEGATIVE rake with that setup. Heck, there is approx 1/4 inch negative rake at the 1.75 front setting and nothing in the rear (tho the fenders will look level).

The pics below are 1.75 front (which is NOT the highest setting) and stock rear... And it's level to the eye, but slight negative frame rake.

Again, do as you please, it's your rig, your time, your money. But with a completely stock 4Runner, 5100s at all four corners, and the fronts set to the highest, you will not be level.
2014 Black TEP w/ KDSS / nFab steps / Yakima Cross Bars / Bilstein 5100s (front at 1.75) / 1 inch rear Cornfed Spacers / FN Countersteer Type X / Nitto Terra Grappler G2s 265/70/R17 / RCI Aluminum (front) Skid - sold
2011 Silver Limited - sold
2007 SE Shadow Mica - sold
mybabydaddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote