View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 10:48 PM

Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough

Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeee View Post
Electrical/Solar Setup

I've been lagging pretty bad on updating this with some recent additions on account of getting this all ready quickly between work and a big camping trip that we took. I just finished up a big electrical project to keep up with my solar setup, fridge, and just to keep things clean for upcoming electrical mods.

First, I purchased a new Odyssey Group 31M to replace my regular starting battery. I opted to go with a single battery setup vs. a dual battery setup specifically to keep things simple. I also plan on supplementing this with a solar panel to keep juice flowing to the Indel-B fridge I just picked up.

Odyssey Group 31 Battery Install (in factory tray)

I started out by disconnecting the factory battery cables and removing the OEM battery

Since the new Odyssey is a bit larger, I needed to trim a portion from the OEM battery tray

Muscle the new Odyssey in- looks a little like this

Needed to purchase some Mil-Spec terminals and mated them to the factory terminals. Buttoned everything up.

DISCLAIMER:
When performing this mod, it is important to note that the OEM alternator is not rated high enough to charge the Odyssey to 100% charge. Battery lifespan may suffer if you do not fully charge the Odyssey on a Battery Tender or something similar every so often.
I recommend installing a NoCo 10 amp charger under the hood...pretty cheap, does a great job..
NOCO Genius GEN1 10 Amp 1-Bank Waterproof Smart On-Board Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JSHQW0..._CoG8wbFM1F45H

White 2016 TEP .....My ROAM Truck Build....... My ROAM trailer Build
Titanpat57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote