Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 10:53 PM

Powder_Hound is on a distinguished road

Powder_Hound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWorksInc View Post
It's pretty damn centered, it's off by a mm or two towards the passenger's side (barely not touching on that side); but there's not much room there to begin with.

I've thought about a spacer, or even longer links; but I am not entirely sure if that will help. An alternative idea is to somehow spread the ends of the sway bar another 3~5 degrees as that would give me plenty of clearance; but I have no idea how I'd go about that...

I recall the Tacoma sway bars being a bit different and wider, but I don't have any take-offs laying around at work as far as I know...

Attachment 198187Attachment 198194

I was aware of this when the vehicle flexed a bit before I put the 35's on, but I hadn't thought about it for a long time. Now that I am running something like 4.5~5° Caster, it's probably taken up any remaining clearance I might have had. I'm not to keen on running without a sway bar, while the 700lbs springs on the OLW 2.5" suspension is well balanced for the vehicle set-up; the body roll was too annoying and at times unnerving with how aggressive I can drive sometimes.
Wondering if you were to put castor at 2.5 (low end of spec) to confirm if castor is creating an issue? It may not be perfect, but it would confirm suspicions about castor being your culprit? Just a thought...
1st was an 87, 2nd was a 95 and 4th gen is a 04 V8 Sport. OME 885/Toytec RCC2.0HD, SPC UCA's, RCI Sliders with top tread, Airlift 1000, and BFG ATKO2's - 265/70/17's. Tekonsha brake controller, EBay interior LED's, and Kenwood DDX 594 radio. Yakima roof rack for all seasons up top.
Build thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ld-thread.html

Powder_Hound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote