View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCreeper View Post
Hey Tim how has that Ford grease held up on the sleeve yoke? Thunk returned yet?
It's holding up well. I bought a cheapo small grease gun and loaded some of that Ford grease into it so I could use the zerk fitting application. I sometimes feel a small thump but nothing like I was experiencing before like somebody rear-ended me. I think I'll probably have to take it apart again at some point because I have doubts that just greasing the zerk fitting is sufficient to get the grease to the upper part of the splines. With the rear wheels off the ground and the truck resting on jack stands either on the rear axle or frame, I pump the sleeve yoke with grease until I see a slight movement in the driveshaft. When I'm done and the vehicle is on all 4 wheels, I remove the zerk fitting and jump up and down on the rear bumper like an idiot to expel extra grease. I know people say you should only do a few pumps of grease in there but I know from my own experience that's not going to be sufficient to lubricate the splines. I think people who keep pumping until the driveshaft can't even extend anymore are the ones that are doing it wrong. I think the way I'm doing it is fine and not a situation where I have too much grease in there.