Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 AM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
Long time no update. This Supra is a great car and deserves lots of attention. It's only fair that the other projects that started before it are finished first. The 1989 Supra got all the glory in the last few months, but is now running and driving. The spotlight is shifting towards the MKIV.

OEM hood prop, clip, and grommet installed.

New OEM TT fan shroud. The bolt holes on the Fluidyne radiator don't line up very well for the A/C fan to be mounted properly, so that had to come out. It will go back on at a later date when the A/C is back to operable condition.

Blitz BOV removed and replaced with factory BOV and factory charge pipe. This thing is just too silly and loud for driving on the street. Popo magnet.

Removed the old plugs and installed a new set of NGK Iridium 2667 BKR7EIX. All misfire issues through the power band are gone. Also tightened down the valve covers also since there was some oil seepage. Here are the old plugs... pretty nasty.

Toyotas

Last time getting the headlights polished out, using Meguiar's compound.

There is now Clear-Bra on the headlights to prevent further oxidation. It is holding up very well, no yellowing at all since this was done (going on 6 months)

The stock radio was cool at first, but I've gotten over it aleady. The lack of iPod connectivity is inconvenient. The selection of music on the radio sucks most of the time, and I don't like wearing out the buttons changing presets constantly. Not even considering CD's.

Surprise, an Alpine CDA-9884. This is the same model radio in every vehicle I own. It is a great unit and usually cheap. I happened to get this one for an ultra cheap $30 shipped on eBay. It was $20 for a used iPod nano to store my music.

I got pulled over and received a ticket for no front plate. The car didn't come with one, so there was no option other than ordering new plates. As far as the combination goes, 2JZ TT was available. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that now that it's on the car (it's pretty obvious, I could get a captain obvious plate frame). The black 1960's legacy plate idea is cool, but I'm second guessing if it's a good fit. This car is pretty ugly anyway, the chrome wheels don't help.

New plate bracket, complete with hardware...

Had to remove the whole front bumper to put this on.

While the headlights were off, I used some weatherstrip adhesive on the rubber trim. The edges of the rubber trim are no longer flopping around in the wind or sticking out. There's some white over spray on them from the previous owner, but that can be cleaned... worst case painted over with black paint.

Functionality! My sports car has a TABLE!

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue

Last edited by ChildrenOfBodom; 09-26-2016 at 04:46 PM.
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote