Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 04:57 PM

Luciendar21 is on a distinguished road

Luciendar21 is on a distinguished road
20 Posts Before New Thread Seems Extreme

Having to make 20 posts (replies) before making a new thread seems really extreme. I get that it's an anti-spam measure but it is very discouraging to real live people who just want to ask a specific question (in my case the difference between daystar lift kits for the same vehicle).

Finding 20 threads with topics you can relate to or chime in on is time consuming. I've spent 3 days browsing around and chiming in here and there before getting to the point where I could post a thread.

Edit: This is even more difficult to do without dredging up old, dead threads. The few threads I found that were somewhat related to my question were 5-6 years dead.

Even better, the 20 post limit isn't documented anywhere that I could find. Not in the FAQ or the forum rules. I thought maybe I might be able to post a thread after 10 posts, but not even then.

I've given up and walked away from this forum several times before I finally tried to meet the post count requirement.